I love pancakes. They’re comforting and filling but sometimes I wanna change it up and add in a little something different to pump up the health benefits. I think you’re gonna love these! They are full of antioxidants from the green tea powder, gives you a good dose of chlorophyll and helps stimulate brain power.
- 3 tbsp water
- 3 tsp matcha powder (any brand is fine)
- 1 cup almond or other non-dairy milk
- 1 tbsp ground chia or flax seed
- 2 tbsp sweetener of choice (I prefer xylitol or a few drops of stevia)
- 1 cup all purpose gluten free flour
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
Use either ground chia or flax seeds and mix with water. Set it aside for five minutes until thickened.
Mix ground seed mixture, flour, matcha, sweetener and oil until the batter becomes smooth and lump free.
Put a non-stick frying pan over medium heat for a minute or so. Spoon two tablespoons of batter into the pan and cook until bubbles begin to form, flip and cook for another minute or until it is golden brown.
Top with your favorite toppings whether that’s vegan butter, sugar free syrup, fruit or nuts. Make it your own!