Greek salads are my favorite salad of all time. I have a small olive obsession and I love the combination of veggies and the fresh taste of the herbs that are in it. You can’t go wrong with this recipe!
This healthy salad is great for lunch or dinner, packed with tons of protein and is super quick and easy to make. If you want a dairy free option, just leave off the feta, or for a vegan version, just leave off the chicken since you’ll still be getting lots of protein from edamame!
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- ¼ cup red-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 8 ounces frozen shelled edamame (about 1½ cups), thawed
- 2 romaine hearts, chopped
- 1 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup fresh basil sliced thinly
- ¼ cup sliced kalamata olives
- ¼ cup red onion sliced thinly
- Place chicken in a medium saucepan and add water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a clean cutting board and let cool for 5 minutes; shred or chop into bite-size pieces.
- Meanwhile, whisk vinegar, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add edamame, romaine, tomatoes, cucumber, feta, basil, olives, onion and the chicken; toss to coat.
- Make Ahead Tip: Refrigerate cooked chicken for up to 3 days and assemble salad when ready to eat.