This chipotle flavored burrito bowl recipe is even better than takeout and just as fast. I prefer to make my food at home instead of going out to eat since I can control the quality of ingredients, sanitation practices and I can make sure it’s not loaded with sodium which I seem to find is a common occurrence among take out foods.
Loading this bowl up with vegetables and using quinoa in place of rice adds tons of nutrition for a healthy dinner.
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
1 cup canned pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- ¼ cup prepared pico de gallo or other salsa
- Lime wedges for serving
- Combine chipotle peppers, oil, garlic powder and cumin in a small bowl.
- Oil the grill rack or baking sheet, if broiling. Season chicken with salt. Grill the chicken for 5 minutes or broil it on the prepared baking sheet for 9 minutes. Turn, brush with the chipotle glaze and continue cooking another 3 to 5 minutes more on the grill or 9 minutes more under the broiler. Chop into bite-size pieces.
- Assemble each burrito bowl with ½ cup quinoa, ½ cup chicken, ½ cup lettuce, ¼ cup beans, ¼ avocado, 1 tablespoon pico de gallo (or other salsa). Serve with a lime wedge.