I’ve been eating way too much pasta salad this week. Sometimes I find something I like and eat it for a while till I get sick of it, but I don’t think you’ll get tired of this one!
This lightly dressed pasta salad gets lots of flavor from kalamata olives (my fave!) and basil. A colorful mix of diced bell pepper, shredded carrot and tomatoes adds vitamins and minerals. Serve on a crisp bed of greens. Toss in canned chunk light tuna, cooked chicken or baked tofu to add protein and make it more substantial.
- 2 cups gluten free rotini
- ⅓ cup Vegenaise (vegan mayonnaise)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar, or lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup diced yellow or red bell pepper
- 1 cup grated carrots
- ½ cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- ½ cup chopped scallions
- ⅓ cup slivered fresh basil