This simple lentil and rice salad is loaded with protein and fiber and is a great way to use up leftovers. You can also make this ahead and refrigerate so you always have a healthy meal on hand. It is dressed with a simple mix of sherry vinegar, Dijon mustard and paprika which gives a wonderful light flavor to this salad.
In just a few minutes you can have a healthy and delicious meal!
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon paprika, preferably smoked
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 15-ounce can lentils, rinsed, or 1⅓ cups cooked lentils
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Whisk oil, vinegar, shallot, mustard, paprika, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add rice, lentils, carrot and parsley; stir to combine.